5th September 2018
The goal of Study Skills seminars is to equip students with the skills and motivation to achieve optimum results through precise study techniques.
The earlier in the year that you develop these skills and implement them into your study routine the more effective they will be. This one day intensive seminar covers a wide range of skills including motivation, goal setting, time management, exam performance, note taking and memory techniques.
Who should attend?
The seminar is designed to help second & third level students (and indeed anyone studying for exams) achieve their full potential, by improving their study and organisational techniques and their motivation to succeed.
Some of the following topics will be covered in the seminar:
Students begin the course by completing a questionnaire to help identify areas which may be holding them back from achieving their full potential.
- Goal Setting: Set realistic goals. Long, intermediate and short term goal charts.
- Time Management: Students are shown how to construct a workable study/homework timetable to suit their personal needs.
- Note Taking: By working through our sample exercise sheets, students are taught the basic skills of note taking, thereby saving hours of wasted study time! We will examine different styles of note taking (outline method, spider diagrams, mind mapping, graphic organisers, concept maps).
- Memory Techniques: Simple ideas to improve one’s capacity to retain and store information and improve concentration.
- Essay Writing: Shows excellent ways of improving one’s writing skills, concentrating on The Narrative Essay.
- Exam Techniques: We show students how to prepare for and sit their exams and how to construct their revision planners. We point out common pitfalls and explain to them what the examiner is really looking for.
- Effective Revision skills
- Individual Learning Styles
- Coping with stress
- Health & Study
The fee for this course is €80. A deposit of €40 will secure a place, balance owing to be paid prior to the seminar start date.